U.S. 20 Major Rehabilitation
About the project
The project will reconstruct and widen U.S. 20 between Stoney Ridge Road and Lear Nagle Road in North Ridgeville. Work will include:
- Reconstruction and widening of U.S. 20 from three lanes to five lanes.
- Construction of a shared use path.
- Addition of new storm sewers and water lines.
- Reconstruction of sidewalks with new curb and gutter.
- Traffic signals and signage upgrades.
- Replacement of two bridges: U.S. 20 over French Creek, and Root Road over French Creek.
- Detention basin additions for storm water control.
Being completed in partnership with the city of North Ridgeville, the project is a $26.8 million investment. Construction is expected to continue through October 2020.
Current traffic impacts
US Route 20: Major Widening ***UPDATE***
US 20, between Stoney Ridge Road and Lear Nagle Road, will have one lane of traffic maintained in each direction. The following are project updates for the upcoming week:
- Stoney Ridge Road, at its intersection with US 20, is closed for 30 days. The work limits extend approximately 300 ft. north of the intersection. The detour for southbound motorists will be Mills Road east to SR 83 south and reverse for northbound motorists.
- Crews on SR 83 will be grading for temporary and permanent pavement placement. Traffic on SR 83 will be shifted onto the temporary pavement, dedicated left turn lanes will be eliminated, and traffic signal timing will be changed accordingly.
- Crews continue to remove and grade the pavement from the west end of the project to Jaycox Road.
- Crews working on the French Creek culvert will begin to backfill the culvert.
- The sidewalk, from Jaycox Road to Lear Nagle Road, continues to be formed and poured
- Pavement removal work continues on Stoney Ridge Road, SR 83, and Emerald Street. Traffic on Emerald Street will be shifted onto temporary pavement.
- Crews continue to install underdrains located on the west end of the project to Jaycox Road
- Temporary concrete pavement will be removed from Jaycox to Lear Nagle Road
- Asphalt pavement on Stoney Ridge Road and Olive Avenue will begin
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing by the work zone. Pedestrians and bicyclists should use extreme caution while traveling through the work zone and stay out of the active work area to avoid conflicts with construction vehicles and equipment. The project is expected to be complete Fall of 2020; however, all work is weather dependent and is subject to change.
View Project's Public Comments ()Icon
Public comments regarding our projects are always welcome!
This section is for frequently asked questions and project-related questions. You may notice that some projects require one or more formal comment period(s) with deadlines for comments to be considered during certain phase(s) of the project development process. Typically called the “public comment period," this is when ODOT asks the public for input before an important decision needs to be made, such as choosing a preferred alternative. You may notice these periods generally occur immediately following a public meeting.
All comments received, regardless of when or how they are submitted, will be reviewed and considered and/or responded to by the ODOT project team. Comments received through this forum will, when appropriate, be publicly posted along with ODOT’s response; Such comments will be moderated to remove personal information prior to posting.
Please let us know if you have questions, and thank you for your interest and input on the project!
Filter by Area of Interest
You can filter this list filtering with the topics on the list below.